Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nuno Aphex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2016
hi everyone!

What's the deal with iPad Air 2 battery?
My iPad Air had such great battery in comparison, i feel like I was deceived...
Just this evening it drained 5% during the evening with wi if off, I mean... What's the deal?
It's been draining battery much more fastly than the iPad that I have before. Same usage and it lasted for 3/4 days and this one lasts for 1 day and a little more...

How can anyone believe that with smaller battery, the life of it is bigger (as announced in the apple site) because of the A9?

It is a shame, but I am very unsatisfied and since the very first month of use that I am been considering taking it to the store, because I feel "downgraded"

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
You have something going on with your device. My Air 2 sits with WiFi on overnight with negligible drain (<1%). I've been astounded by its battery performance when in use - far better than any device I've ever owned.

Nuno Aphex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2016
I found my Air 2 battery to be quite good as do others.

As do others? Who might be those others?
I am speaking from experience and comparing from my use of another iPad.

What about you?
[doublepost=1460845330][/doublepost]
You have something going on with your device. My Air 2 sits with WiFi on overnight with negligible drain (<1%). I've been astounded by its battery performance when in use - far better than any device I've ever owned.

How long have you had yours?
I use brightness really low, besides overnight it's obviously shut down, hence my surprise

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 603
Apr 7, 2012

I can be an other. My Air 2 had great battery life, on par with my Air and iPad 3 before that. My new Pro does a bit better though, my wife now uses my Air 2 with no battery complaints. This is just my usage and experience. Have had since launch.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA

What about you?
[doublepost=1460845330][/doublepost]

How long have you had yours?
I use brightness really low, besides overnight it's obviously shut down, hence my surprise

I've had mine about 11 months and use it a lot. I run mine at 100% brightness about 90% of the time and play games on it (not just low-power browsing). There are a few system usage apps out there - have you tried any of those to see if they provide any useful info? Really - at least compared to my experience, your's sounds quite bad and I don't question it. It would seem that something is happening in the background to drain your battery at an abnormal rate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.