Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matyu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2016
i am currently using my ASUS RT AC5300 router on my 1gbps fibre broadband plan, and i am enjoying a speed up to a minimum of 350-410 mbps for wireless speed based on my 5ghz band..

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 304
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 218

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Darn your iPad Air 2 has got a quicker wireless card than my 2012 15" MacBook Pro.

I believe my laptop only has 802.11n which supports theoretical max of 350Mb/s? Even worse, the default router (Hyperoptic) that came with my 1Gb/s broadband ironically only supports wireless speeds up to 70/70 and no 5GHz -- though I was thinking of replacing that with an ASUS RT-N66U, as that supports 900Mb/s wirelessly; plus I don't think I'll get any devices soon that will hit anywhere close to those sorts of speeds anyway.

Matyu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2016
for this one its just a change of router only and maybe closer distance to it to get optimum speeds as wif always vary, but for my case the ASUS 5300 quite stable for me even during peak hours and even when im inside my room, i had read the new ipad pro have incredible wifi speeds with 802.11 AC and MIMO some more. If have this device will surely get more speed for wireless Maybe slightly abit higher than my current one. There is another good router there slightly better than mine which is the ASUS AC 88U- or the Ubiquity AC AP PRO these are good routers intended for good wifi speeds.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    207.3 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.