Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mafalb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2020
Italia
Is anyone out there experiencing problem with the multitouch of the new 2020 iPad Air?
Occasionally I noticed the gestures didn't come out as smoothly as I meant them to be, though what really made me realise there was definitely something wrong with me iPad were Notes, Jamboard and Goodnotes: at the bottom of the screen the Pencil would get completely unresponsive and weird, resuming the trait with a noticeable bent to the right after a skip of a couple mm.
This defect is consistent throughout all the bottom side of the iPad when held vertically, about 1 inch from the edges.
I was stupid enough not to test the device thoroughly in the first two weeks of its life, and will have to probably wait warranty repair times. All in all, I can't say I'm very satisfied with the product. To be honest, I miss my iPad Air 2 (and its leather case) quite badly.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Is anyone out there experiencing problem with the multitouch of the new 2020 iPad Air?
Occasionally I noticed the gestures didn't come out as smoothly as I meant them to be, though what really made me realise there was definitely something wrong with me iPad were Notes, Jamboard and Goodnotes: at the bottom of the screen the Pencil would get completely unresponsive and weird, resuming the trait with a noticeable bent to the right after a skip of a couple mm.
This defect is consistent throughout all the bottom side of the iPad when held vertically, about 1 inch from the edges.
I was stupid enough not to test the device thoroughly in the first two weeks of its life, and will have to probably wait warranty repair times. All in all, I can't say I'm very satisfied with the product. To be honest, I miss my iPad Air 2 (and its leather case) quite badly.
Unresponsive touchscreen issues aren't uncommon for non-home button iPads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.