Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alyssap22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
I got my iPad Air 4 at the beginning of December and noticed bright spots on the Apple Pencil side during dark scenes in movies. It was quite annoying so I returned and repurchased a new one. Well the new one came and it has the same issue.
I called apple support and they offered to send me a replacement. If the replacement has this issue I’m going to return and consider another model.

how widespread is this issue with the new air? Does anyone have one that doesn’t have bleeding issues? I know some bleeding is normal with lcds but this was very annoying to look at.

I hope this replacement is better because the iPad is awesome otherwise. Super fast and will meet my needs for many years. I don’t think I would utilize all the power of the pro but may think about it if this issue continues.

Your thoughts or experiences with this issue would be greatly appreaciated!

sinoka56

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2013
There was someone here who exchanged 4 times but still had the bleed issue so probably widespread but a lot don't notice or just accept it.

Reactions: Gandek

sinoka56

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2013
How can we assume that it is "widespread" outside of this forum?

I guess the other user that replaced 4 times and this user replaced 2 times were pretty unlucky right?

Apple also haven't acknowledged the iPad pro 10.5 bleed issue so I guess that's also not a widespread issue.

Most of the bleed issue also happens at the same spot where the display ribbon cable is.

Here's the teardown. I guess the people there were also unlucky.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ipad/comments/k4mlb3

Last edited:
Reactions: Gandek
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.