Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sarah3585

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
Hi,

I've been close to buying a 64mb Air 4 which you can pick up for £549 new in the UK. However I've noticed Apple have Refurb 2020 11" 128gb Pros for the same price.

The extra storage space on the Pro won't really matter to me. My primary uses will be media consumption (esp YouTube) and using it for Sidecar. I'm interested in picking up the pencil at some point for note taking.

Which is the better fit for me?

page3

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2003
Outside the EU
We had this exact debate earlier today. Just purchased the 2020 iPad Pro refurb, as it seems to offer some advantages over the Air for the same price.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
The topic comes up often, hence I encourage you to read this board further for more opinions, but I’d get the pro. And it’s GB, not MB.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Get the Pro. It's considerably better. My wife and I both have 11" iPad Pros, considered the Air some months ago before purchasing the first Pro. No regrets.

Under normal pricing the Air is a very good iPad and mine has been flawless, no regrets from me either. I wouldn’t pay more than £549 for an iPad as I don’t need to. However when the Pro is the same price, it’s common sense to get the more equipped device.

Can the OP share where the deal is for a 2020 iPad Pro at £549 I wonder??

Reactions: snipr125

Cassr

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2021
It was on the Apple UK refurb store but seems like the OP might have snagged the last one lol.
I have been flirting with getting it but decided to resist and stick with my mini 5 which I only got in July!
So tempting though...

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Pro. However, I have used a Pro since the 10.5 days. So, I tried to go Air after using a Pro for awhile - yeah that doesn't work. However, the Pro has some serious advantages. I'd recommend pro. I've started purchasing my devices from the Apple Refurb store - love how I can do that and get AppleCare on them still.

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
Under normal pricing the Air is a very good iPad and mine has been flawless, no regrets from me either. I wouldn’t pay more than £549 for an iPad as I don’t need to. However when the Pro is the same price, it’s common sense to get the more equipped device.

Can the OP share where the deal is for a 2020 iPad Pro at £549 I wonder??
Real Deal its a 'Refurb' 2020 Pro, so not a brand new device, hence the discounted price, however Apple replace the shell with a new one and also the battery.

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
Apples refurbs are some of the best out there. They replace everything that needs to be in order for it to be brand new to the consumer.

I would definitely go for the pro if it’s the same price. Double the storage, more ram, high refresh screen, double the speakers. Performance is very similar, while the pro is running an older A12z chip, its the most powerful version of the A12 so it’s pretty close to the A14.

My M1 pro is my first pro version iPad and I’ll never go back lol

sarah3585

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
They sold out before I decided after my previous post on Saturday, but they appeared again this morning so I snagged the Space Grey. They still have the Silver up if anyone is interested.

Username-already-in-use

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2021
Getting the 2020 Pro like you did is best. Head to head, the Air 4 has a better CPU for most tasks, but the Pro is superior is every other respect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.