Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rlolzor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2024
It’s been 24 days since I’ve purchased this iPad (from Australia). It was completely okay last night and when I woke up this morning I see an edge-to-edge crack on it. No impact or anything. It was put right next to me and no one touched it, it didn’t fall.
This seems like a defect to me. I have the 1 year limited warranty and it should cover that. But I don’t know if apple will consider this a defect, since it’s on the screen they will call it accidental. I don’t know how to prove it isn’t accidental. I can’t take the apple to an iPad store or Genius Bar since I’m in a third world country. I can however, go to a apple authorized seller. What should I do? I’m also considering sending it to Australia through my uncle and he can take it to an official apple store or something? Will they be more helpful?

Also, should I buy the applecare+ plan quickly (I only have 36 days left to avail) so they can cover my screen as accidental? My uncle is going to AU 6 months later and if the store rules it out as accidental, I don’t want to pay hundreds to repair the screen. So the appecare+ would make it 49$ to repair in case I want to do it later. Although ideally I don’t want to pay anything for this, since it wasn’t my fault. What’s my best bet here? I’m so confused.

Attachments

• E0E8211C-2635-43C1-962B-90E63F10DBE2.jpeg
    E0E8211C-2635-43C1-962B-90E63F10DBE2.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 157

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
...Also, should I buy the applecare+ plan quickly (I only have 36 days left to avail) so they can cover my screen as accidental? My uncle is going to AU 6 months later and if the store rules it out as accidental, I don’t want to pay hundreds to repair the screen. So the appecare+ would make it 49$ to repair in case I want to do it later. Although ideally I don’t want to pay anything for this, since it wasn’t my fault. What’s my best bet here? I’m so confused.
Yes. Buy AppleCare if you can.

Reactions: kitKAC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.