Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhargreaves

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2019
Hi, I have a new iPad barely used with a failed screen. Apple say its 'classic impact damage' but it genuinely hasn't had any. Its barely been used.

Sshot

It failed whilst I was using it, so I know it wasn't damaged.

I think it was 'weak' at purchase, but need to back this up with some evidence. Anyone have experience of this?

Thanks for reading.

Suspended
Jan 11, 2018
Hi, I have a new iPad barely used with a failed screen. Apple say its 'classic impact damage' but it genuinely hasn't had any. Its barely been used.

Sshot

It failed whilst I was using it, so I know it wasn't damaged.

I think it was 'weak' at purchase, but need to back this up with some evidence. Anyone have experience of this?

Thanks for reading.

Try a different Apple store, and just tell them it hasn't been dropped.

If that's true, and it hasn't been dropped then there will be no dents / marks to suggest so on the body of the iPad. Ask them to show you why they think that, as they can't really claim so without evidence.

It looks like it could be a fault from factory with the electronics. How old is the iPad? Where did you buy it and what model is it?

rhargreaves

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2019
IPad Mini 5 is 6 months old, the screen went after 3 months, it's now taken another 3 months of to'ing and fro'ing to get to here. It was purchased in John Lewis, UK store with usually excellent service.

Everyone agrees the case has no marks dents scratches, nothing to suggest damage. It genuinely hasn't had damage.

Thanks for responding.

tothemoonsands

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2018
I had a similar issue with my MacBook Pro, but luckily I was under AppleCare+ and it didn’t give any indication of what the error/fault of the display was. Hopefully you can keep trying until you find an employee willing to listen and believe your story!

rhargreaves

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2019
Thanks dude. @0989382 has given me the confidence to keep going back, I'm quoting Consumer Law this time. Fingers crossed.

I'm not buying an Apple Product again unless I go direct and look for the extra cover.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.