Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alch3mist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2016
Right behind you.
I went against my long standing rule of research, research, research and bought the IPad mini 2 32G from AT&T for $49.99 (w/ 2year service contract $10/mth) with purchase of iPhone 7 (I bought two iPhone 7 and one mini). Now I am second guessing this. I have 14 days to return (with a restock fee $45).

I just saw we're bestbuy and target are offering gift cards on the phone purchase but I would still have to come out the pocket a little for the mini 4.

I could keep this deal till spring buy out and upgrade on something really new.

Or bail on the whole thing take the $45 loss, remove the $10/mth, and re-roll in the spring.

My first iPad. Low end user mostly music and pictures, surfing and Netflix. Always dream of being the next big photographer or music producer but with zero actual skill in either.

What do you guys think? Other options?

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
well, the restock fee pretty much hurts your options:

$50 + $10*24 = $290 for that mini 2, or,

Best Buy currently has a 32GB Mini 4 for $275. For you to get that now would cost you, $275+45 = $320.

Tough call.

Probably eat the restock fee, and wait.

Reactions: Alch3mist

Alch3mist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2016
Right behind you.
Thanks for the feedback. I took back the mini 2. My interest is definitely sparked for the ipad product. I will either wait or settle for something that will hold me for at least a year or two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.