Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

astnmartin23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2015
I’ve had an iPad Mini 2 since February last year (2015). I’ve already replaced it once back in August for a faulty Mute Switch. Now, within the last month I’m getting a rainbow streaking when I drag my finger through the middle of the screen. It’s in a 2” x 2” area directly in the center in which anywhere you press your finger there’s the streaking. I brought it in to the Apple Store over the weekend and they saw what it was doing and actually gave me a replacement one. After getting the replacement home and set up though I noticed this new one is doing the same thing, just not as pronounced… right now.

It’s under warranty for the rest of the year but I don’t want to have the warranty run out and then it goes completely and I’m stuck with a $300 paperweight. I'm definitely going to ask them if there's any way they could upgrade me to an iPad Mini 4 for the reasons that this is my 3rd, going on 4th, iPad Mini 2 and every time it gets replaced I have to spend more money on screen protectors. Not to mention they'd just replace it with a Frankenstein iPad Mini 4 (combination new and refurbished parts) anyways.

Any suggestions on how to go about asking for an upgrade? Tips and ideas. Or any thoughts or suggestions about the problem I'm having.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.