Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
im in an interesting situation. My iPad Pro 9.7” is getting a little long in the tooth, although I just got it last July and purchased a full 2 years of AppleCare+. My Watch, on the other hand, is a Series 2 that was purchased used from a seller on eBay in December 2017. It did not have AppleCare+ on it when I bought it, and the warranty is about to expire in a little over a month.

Please help me make up my mind. Thanks!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
im in an interesting situation. My iPad Pro 9.7” is getting a little long in the tooth, although I just got it last July and purchased a full 2 years of AppleCare+. My Watch, on the other hand, is a Series 2 that was purchased used from a seller on eBay in December 2017. It did not have AppleCare+ on it when I bought it, and the warranty is about to expire in a little over a month.

Please help me make up my mind. Thanks!

Ask yourself what you find would be more beneficial for you in terms of a product. Would an upgraded iPad benefit you more if you are in school or have a particular job? The Apple Watch Series 2 and Series 3 are fairly similar, so you may not have a huge benefit to the upgrade to the Series 3 unless
You want the LTE option, which is the main feature for the Series 3. I see the iPad being more of a work development tool or for media consumption, where the Apple Watch is more of a convenience feature. Being your Apple Watch is fairly new model, I would still opt for the iPad if it was me.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
My Watch, on the other hand, is a Series 2 that was purchased used from a seller on eBay in December 2017. It did not have AppleCare+ on it when I bought it, and the warranty is about to expire in a little over a month.
What does having it purchased from ebay have anything to do with your decision?

Anyways, I'm on a Series 0 watch, and its going strong, so I see no reason to buy a series 3 over a 2 at this point.

Reactions: arefbe

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
Unless you really need/care for the LTE in the series 3 then i would skip it. Also, remember you have to pay an additional $10 a month to your carrier. Thats an extra $120 a year.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
This might be a radical idea but since you’re receiving financial aid it may be a better decision to just save the money.

Totally radical. That would be the best thing to do, but I'm a careless college student for what it's worth. I find it really hard to save money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.