Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoCalRich

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
NorCal
I did a MRoogle and couldn't find any info on this.

I want to use the iPad instead of a laptop for field use. I only need to be able to import the RAW 2 files to take a quick field evaluation look at my shots. I will NOT do any processing of any kind.

I usually shoot RAW2 only so I would prefer NOT to shoot RAW + Jpeg if possible. (Files are very large) Is there any software for the iPad that will handle this Panasonic file format?

Thanks...

davegregory

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2009
Burlington, Ontario
I can't say any of this with absolute certainty. But, if it's not supported in the OS I doubt "there's an App for that". Perhaps in OS 4 there will be an update to supported RAW files. Can you do small JPEG+RAW? That would keep the file size down and still give you an image to view.

SoCalRich

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
NorCal
I can't say any of this with absolute certainty. But, if it's not supported in the OS I doubt "there's an App for that". Perhaps in OS 4 there will be an update to supported RAW files. Can you do small JPEG+RAW? That would keep the file size down and still give you an image to view.

Thanks... Hopefully there will be an app for the iPad like Lightroom before long...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.