Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingsley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
Our family has an iPad Mini (Model #FE280LL/A) w/ 32 GB SSD. It is currently running iOS 11.4.1. We find it useful for various tasks, including occasional shooting of photos and video. Being able to immediately call up whatever was recorded for quick review, on a good-size display, is extremely useful and its size makes it easy to carry.

One issue we've noticed: When shooting photos, tapping the shutter control in the display causes the iPad to take double photos. Why what are we doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Seems you have an iPad mini 2. Not sure if it has High Dynamic Range on that camera. However, if you go into Settings, Camera and look to see if there is an HDR option with a Keep Normal Photo switch. If that's there and set to on, you will get 2 similar photos for each photo you take (the HDR one and the normal one). If you switch that off, you'll only keep the HDR version.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Seems you have an iPad mini 2. Not sure if it has High Dynamic Range on that camera. However, if you go into Settings, Camera and look to see if there is an HDR option with a Keep Normal Photo switch. If that's there and set to on, you will get 2 similar photos for each photo you take (the HDR one and the normal one). If you switch that off, you'll only keep the HDR version.

That’s a good shout. When I read the OP, it didn’t even occur to me that this could be the issue.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Our family has an iPad Mini (Model #FE280LL/A) w/ 32 GB SSD. It is currently running iOS 11.4.1. We find it useful for various tasks, including occasional shooting of photos and video. Being able to immediately call up whatever was recorded for quick review, on a good-size display, is extremely useful and its size makes it easy to carry.

One issue we've noticed: When shooting photos, tapping the shutter control in the display causes the iPad to take double photos. Why what are we doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Did you resolve this?

Wingsley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
Did you resolve this?

I have not had a chance to address it yet.

When I noticed that there were all these duplicates, I just started deleting the second one of each twin.

I'll go back and check the ones I still have later.

Until I posted on here, I had no idea what was happening. The HDR issue makes sense, as it was a sunny day and I decided to turn on HDR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.