Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Greetings Friends,

Before anyone says the obvious, yes, I understand this is a beta. I am a registered developer and I decided to put iOS 11 on my new iPad. This morning, out of no where, my App Store is in Chinese. I went into the Settings > App Store > Country & Region and changed it back to United States multiple times. It says it successfully changed my region, then when I go back to the App Store, it’s still in Chinese and the region in the settings says it went back to Chinese.

I know this is a very early beta, but what in the heck did I do? I plan on reporting this bug to Apple, but I was wondering if anyone else ever had this happen and if so, how did it get resolved? Thank you very much for your input.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Log out of your app store account in settings>itunes/app store and back in. Fixed it for me.

Tried doing that. When I log back in, it says "you will now be switched to the US App Store" and when it switches to the App Store, it's still in Chinese.

I might just do a full factory restore and see if that fixes it. If not, back to iOS 10 I go.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Tried doing that. When I log back in, it says "you will now be switched to the US App Store" and when it switches to the App Store, it's still in Chinese.

I might just do a full factory restore and see if that fixes it. If not, back to iOS 10 I go.

I had this happen on my mom's iPad Air. Just came up out of the blue. Weird thing was half of the words in the App Store were in another language, and half were in English. I had to do a restore on her iPad to fix it.

Reactions: Statusnone88

ssieg

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2016
the sign in/out of iTunes & App store was the fix for me on iOS 11 beta 1...

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
I am having a similar issue today, any idea how to fix it? sign out/sign in did not work for me, I am using iOS 11 Beta 2 for the last 2 weeks and this happened today on my iPhone 7+, iPad (also using Beta 2) and Mac working fine

Attachments

• IMG_1313.jpg
    IMG_1313.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 217

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
I Also Had This Happen to me This Morning And iPhone 7 Plus. It’s Working Fine my iPad 10.5.
I think this problem is new, different than the one reported around June 20th with Beta 1, have you been able to fix the problem so far? Thanks
[doublepost=1499441528][/doublepost]
I Also Had This Happen to me This Morning And iPhone 7 Plus. It’s Working Fine my iPad 10.5.
I have an iPad Pro 12.9 with iOS 11 Beta 2 working fine. I also have the iPad Pro 10.5 with iOS 11 Beta 2 working fine, the weird thing is that only the iPhone 7 Plus is affected, why?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.