Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tommaso Ammannati

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
Hi everyone,
I’ve had a perennial problem with my iPad Pro - already once replaced by Apple for the same reason. For whatever reason, there’s a clicking, creaking, or popping sound whenever the lower left corner (portrait mode) of the screen is tapped or pressed.
From what I can tell, it feels like there’s some space where the glass adhesive is coming apart in that corner of the screen (same corner on both iPads). As such, when you press it, it seems to re-adhere and it’s incredibly hard to duplicate the sound twice in a row, but usually happens again after a few moments or when I take the iPad out. It’s also very hard to show to Apple Store employees in-store. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this just a problem I’ll always have to deal with?

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Hi everyone,
I’ve had a perennial problem with my iPad Pro - already once replaced by Apple for the same reason. For whatever reason, there’s a clicking, creaking, or popping sound whenever the lower left corner (portrait mode) of the screen is tapped or pressed.
From what I can tell, it feels like there’s some space where the glass adhesive is coming apart in that corner of the screen (same corner on both iPads). As such, when you press it, it seems to re-adhere and it’s incredibly hard to duplicate the sound twice in a row, but usually happens again after a few moments or when I take the iPad out. It’s also very hard to show to Apple Store employees in-store. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this just a problem I’ll always have to deal with?
I had the same issue with my 2018 12.9" iPad Pro, but it was a very minor issue to me.

Reactions: Tommaso Ammannati
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.