Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

narobik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2019
In portrait mode, the right side/ corners are a bit darker than at the other side of the screen.
Does anyone have the same issue?
Did Apple replace it for you?

Reactions: wallah

calb

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
UK
In portrait mode, the right side/ corners are a bit darker than at the other side of the screen.
Does anyone have the same issue?
Did Apple replace it for you?
Yeah, see this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ipad-pro-11-2020-bad-screen-light.2241909/

Apple store swapped it out (because it was still within the return period and Genius Bar appointments are pretty tight due to Covid-19). The brand new replacement has a virtually identical display to my first one... I guess either I'm unlucky or it's common with the 11" panel. It's only really noticeable when scrolling with white or grey backgrounds, particularly the top left when in landscape orientation.

Reactions: wallah

Neuronum

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2017
Common issue on iPad Pro with liquid retina display due to workmanship fault. I swapped 3 devices (because of other quality issue) and they both have the same display issue. You'll find the same display issue on those in Apple Stores, more or less. Don't worry😃!

narobik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2019
it's so annoying, do somebody has the same model without this issue?

EHD80

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2018
I have the same issue as well, and so far all other Pro’s that I’ve seen have it to some extent (both 11 and 12.9 inch and 2018 and 2020 models). Too bad but with normal use you hardly notice it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.