Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pixels7

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2020
Hi all,

Today I finally decided to buy the iPad Pro 11” 128gb 2021 for €869,- .. but it’s ‘suddenly’ not available anymore where I live, since this morning. I’ve also contacted resellers etc but it’s ‘retired’ they’ve told me. I also looked at a refurbished one, but those are not available either in my country. They only have old models from 2018 (edit: and ‘refurbished’ 2021 ones with ‘a few’ scratches for €1033,- at one refurbished only store).

So now I am wondering if the iPad Air 5 is a good second choice. I’m still using an iPad 6th gen, but the Adobe Lightroom app is not having all new functions like selecting sky and subject etc. That’s why I wanted to buy a new one, so I can use all Adobe Lightroom functions again.

I’m a photographer, most of my work I’m editing on my computer. But I sometimes like to edit on my iPad too. I also like to browse on my iPad and watch videos, I never watch full films or series though. Photographing I won’t do with my iPad, so I don’t care about the cameras on it.

Regarding storage, 128gb would be perfect. I’ve looked at 64gb models as well, but I don’t think that’s useful for me. That’s why I was looking at the iPad Pro 128gb, in my country the iPad Air 5 256gb is €868,50 and the pro 11 128gb 2021 is €869,-.(but the pro is not available anymore)

So I guess the iPad Air 5 265gb is the only suitable option for me? Or am I overlooking something (iPad 10 with no laminated screen)? Or is it better to go for the M2 iPad.. it’s out of budget for me, but then I’ll just save more money ;-) the iPads got extremely expensive in my country since the release of the new iPads. So that’s why I’m still not sure what to do.

Edit: just looked at the websites of some resellers and the price of the iPad Air got raised again! now the 64gb model is €689,- and the 256gb model went from €868,50 to €989,- while the page refreshed. Other online sellers same story :-/
Now I understand why the pro 2021 is retired suddenly.
Is the iPad 10 maybe a better option now (64gb €589,- and 256gb €789,-).. or would an iPad air 5th gen 64gb be future proof enough for me?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.