Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Radaguust

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2022
Hey. I’m not sure if I am in the right place, but I will give it a shot anyway. I recently bought a completely new Ipad Pro 11 M1 and I’m loving it so far. However, it has come to my attention that on the right top side of the screen (where the camera is), there is a very distinct «ripple» when just a tad bit more than normal pressure is applied. I know that this ripple effect is apparent on all screens when enough pressure is applied, and I do get it everywhere if I accidentaly press too hard. But this one concerns me, because of how little pressure it needs to actually show. Concidering that this Ipad is expensive, I really want some input on what to do/don’t do.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
That has to do with pressure on the screen. Almost any tablet will do the same thing if enough pressure is apples to the touchscreen.

The question is are you just barely touching it and it happens or do you have to press down hard. Are you pressing the back of the device opposite of the screen? You said you aren't putting that much pressure but that is hard to define.

Does it happen anywhere else?

If you are barely touching the screen and not putting a lot of pressure on the back or touchscreen then it might be a hardware defect.

I would take it to Apple Store and have them look at it because if you are not putting a lot of pressure then there could be something pressing up against the screen and over time could cause a problem.

As you said this happens on all tablets but it really depends on how easy it happens.

Radaguust

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2022
That has to do with pressure on the screen. Almost any tablet will do the same thing if enough pressure is apples to the touchscreen.

The question is are you just barely touching it and it happens or do you have to press down hard. Are you pressing the back of the device opposite of the screen? You said you aren't putting that much pressure but that is hard to define.

Does it happen anywhere else?

If you are barely touching the screen and not putting a lot of pressure on the back or touchscreen then it might be a hardware defect.

I would take it to Apple Store and have them look at it because if you are not putting a lot of pressure then there could be something pressing up against the screen and over time could cause a problem.

As you said this happens on all tablets but it really depends on how easy it happens.
Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the insight. I went to the apple store (eplehuset) in Norway and explained my situation. They checked it out and thought it was weird, but stated that it was «normal» to the point that it could happen to any Ipad. However, the little thing was irritating me to the point that I was willing to replace it for a new one, even if the new device could be worse. Good thing is, the new one does not have this. Now I’m not going to search for other problems, because I’m sure I’ll find one. Instead I’m going to enjoy my Ipad.
Cheers.

Reactions: Technerd108
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.