Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sregreb

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2014
My iPad Pro 12.9 first gen (2015) still rocks on iPadOS but the battery is down to 80 percent capacity according the Apple Genuis Bar. I understand the battery replacement service from Apple is 99 bucks and they don’t swap the battery but replace it with a refurb unit. Has anyone had this done before? Of course my hope is they don’t have first gen refurbs and give you the 2017 model. Thanks...

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
My iPad Pro 12.9 first gen (2015) still rocks on iPadOS but the battery is down to 80 percent capacity according the Apple Genuis Bar. I understand the battery replacement service from Apple is 99 bucks and they don’t swap the battery but replace it with a refurb unit. Has anyone had this done before? Of course my hope is they don’t have first gen refurbs and give you the 2017 model. Thanks...
They'll likely give you the same model.

sregreb

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2014
Yeah, that would be the logical assumption. I just wonder if anyone has experienced anything different...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.