Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dolmacje

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2013
Land of Beers
Hi all,

7 years ago i bought her an ipad, needless to say it's a bit dated now :D

So i have been eyeballing the new iPad Pro + pencil to replace it. There are still some apps that work on it though and i wondered if it's easy peasy to migrate these apps from one pad to the other... or is it not worth the trouble? it's mostly game-apps and some sketch-app...

I also would like to buy a case or sleeve with integrated keyboard and room for the pencil, any tips or thoughts on that are welcome!

Cheers and many greetings from Belgium!

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
If the current iPad is in active use I’d backup and restore the backup to any new device.

I’d consider the 10.5 model too, as the 12.9 is huge. Think about what apps are going to be used and whether the larger model is the right one.

Dolmacje

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2013
Land of Beers
ok, thank you, i would like to get her the 12.9 because i think space is of the essence when having a couple of apps open at the same moment and want to switch between them effortlessly.
I might have to look into the incompatibillity issue of the older ipad's apps.

seems like there's no official keyboard + pencil solution yet, or i just didn't find it yet...

alecgold

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2007
NLD
seems like there's no official keyboard + pencil solution yet, or i just didn't find it yet...
What do you mean by official keyboard + pencil solution?
There is the pencil, there is the Apple Smart Keyboard and together with the 12.9 you can store the three of them in the leather sleeve Apple has designed and now offers trough their Apple Store.

mcrmama

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2017
I got the otterbox symmetry back case for my iPad 12.9 and using it with the Smart Cover. It has a spot for the Apple Pencil. It could be used with the Smart Keyboard. I am pretty sure there are quite a few other 3rd party back cases around that would work. I do really like having the spot for the Pencil.

I just got my 12.9 on Friday but so far really enjoying it. I set mine up as a new iPad and most apps had a way to transfer what I needed over. Now to figure out why my iTunes is not recognizing any of our devices, may need to reinstall it.

Dolmacje

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2013
Land of Beers
What do you mean by official keyboard + pencil solution?
There is the pencil, there is the Apple Smart Keyboard and together with the 12.9 you can store the three of them in the leather sleeve Apple has designed and now offers trough their Apple Store.
i didn't know that the pad together with the keyboard could fit in that leather sleeve, thanks! :D that will be the one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.