Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I purchased an m2 iPad pro 12.9 with the magic keyboard Should I get a case for my iPad pro when it's inside the magic keyboard?

I don't want the loose pencil or bend my iPad In my backpack

is there even a case for this can you post a link so I can check it out

• Haha
Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
The Magic Keyboard is a defacto case from the front, back and one side. The exposed side where the pencil attaches is what you care about.

You’d need to be taking the iPad in and out of the cover to use it with the keyboard.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
The Magic Keyboard is a defacto case from the front, back and one side. The exposed side where the pencil attaches is what you care about.

You’d need to be taking the iPad in and out of the cover to use it with the keyboard.
is there a case for me not to lose the pencil for the magic keyboard?

the one I used on my 11-inch hasn't been updated for the 12.9-inch.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
is there a case for me not to lose the pencil for the magic keyboard?

the one I used on my 11-inch hasn't been updated for the 12.9-inch.

There may be, Apple doesn’t supply what you’re looking for, I believe though.

I’ve not seen any that I’d personally post here because they don’t look reliable or good enough

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
There may be, Apple doesn’t supply what you’re looking for, I believe though.

I’ve not seen any that I’d personally post here because they don’t look reliable or good enough
is there a third party?

I need a way to store pencils without loosing it

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68040
Aug 6, 2022
Yep, you need a sleeve that you can slip everything into. some even have an external storage area where you can keep the Apple Pencil and charger.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
im using the magic keyboard for the Ipad I was hoping to get a case to go inside the magic keyboard
The Magic Keyboard is magnetic attachment -- there's no way to put a case on the iPad and still use the Magic Keyboard. It IS the case. Get a Pencil sleeve or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.