Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csadangi

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2017
Canada
I picked up my IPad pro 12.9” 512 GB from the Apple store yesterday. I have been using it since yesterday and would like to give a short review.

- The screen is as good as a 13” MBP. It’s like having a second light laptop.
- Perfect for business users who don’t want to carry their heavy laptop.
- I purchased the Logitech Pro keyboard. It’s worth the investment.
- I plugged in my USB C pen drive and can see all the documents and it works flawlessly.
- I connected my Magic Mouse 1, but it interfered with the keyboard. I might have to figure it out so that the keyboard and mouse can work symbiotically.
- Drawback with magic mouse is that you have to disconnect it from other connected devices before you can pair it to the Ipad.
- Battery life is great. I have been playing videos, using it to write and send documents and even editing pictures. I still have 76% battery left as I type. I charged it to 100% at 1 PM Yesterday.

I will add more pointers as I work through it. Please feel free to ask questions.

Quick question - Is there any keyboard available with trackpad apart from the Apple Magic Keyboard (It’s ridiculously expensive).

Reactions: CjonesHouston

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I picked up my IPad pro 12.9” 512 GB from the Apple store yesterday. I have been using it since yesterday and would like to give a short review.

- I plugged in my USB C pen drive and can see all the documents and it works flawlessly.
- I connected my Magic Mouse 1, but it interfered with the keyboard. I might have to figure it out so that the keyboard and mouse can work symbiotically.
- Drawback with magic mouse is that you have to disconnect it from other connected devices before you can pair it to the Ipad.
- Battery life is great. I have been playing videos, using it to write and send documents and even editing pictures. I still have 76% battery left as I type. I charged it to 100% at 1 PM Yesterday.

I will add more pointers as I work through it. Please feel free to ask questions.

Quick question - Is there any keyboard available with trackpad apart from the Apple Magic Keyboard (It’s ridiculously expensive).

The Magic Mouse 1 has been problematic with iPadOS but MM2 is compatible.

CjonesHouston

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Texas

I purchased a surface mouse. Works great and was cheaper. Then when the Magic keyboard came out I bought that. It’s a must have for trying to replace a laptop. The USB port to charge while keeping the iPad USB port free For a drive or etc. is nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.