Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmahon70

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Brussels
Dear all,

I am really considering to purchase an Ipad Pro 12'' in lieu of my Ipad Air 64Go. One issue is the price tag, that I was hoping to mitigate with buying the 32 version istead of the 128. I have suck a key in its box but never used it. Is it a good solution to expand the memory of my future Ipad? I am planning to use it for watching sreaming (Netflix, Amazon etc.), I figure that it would be awesome on the Ipad pro XL...

Thanks!

Olivier

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
Can I read movie files from the Ixpand key into the Ipad?
Oh yes,I do that sometimes with mine,in fact I got a 32Gb only used for video/movie playback when travelling,sometimes it might lag,but that's not caused by the iXpand,it's probably the video cache in my iPad. Just put your movies in the video section of the iXpand drive when transferring from computer,then start iXpand app on your device,insert the drive in lightning port,open video section,grab your popcorn and watch.

macmahon70

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Brussels
Great! Thanks! Now the only question is do i choose the 32Gb Ipad Pro 12 inch or pay 200 extra € for the 128Gb!
I have a few games (mostly pinballs) and apps like Netflix, Amazon video and newspapers...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.