Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pandapest

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2021
Hey there,
Long time listener, first time caller.

My ipad pro is sad. It worked this morning, sat it down and now it flashes the apple logo in an endless loop.
It varies between 3-10 seconds of dark, then 1 second of apple logo. Most commonly its 5 seconds.

I tried the power button and the home button. Nothing.
I tried the volume (lower) and power. Nothing.

I did an update earlier this week. Maybe?

I connected it to my computer(s) and Finder doesn't see it. If Finder doesnt see it, and iTunes doesn't exist anymore, and I cant reset it...what do I do?

Thanks
Panda

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Thanks,
I saw that article and tried it. Its just in an endless loop. Maybe my power button/home button resets it, but it never goes past the flashing apple logo and my computer still cant see it.

Sad Panda
I have an iPhone 5 that suffers from the same problem. I wasn't able to find anything online that helped.

Plessard55

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2021
Once plugged into a wall outlet, my first gen Ipad Pro will flash the logo and I can coax it into a reboot state (screen shows cable and arrow graphic) by hitting the power and volume buttons. As soon as I disconnect from power, I loose the reboot state. I tried USB and FireWire connections to a laptop, but apparently there is not enough power at the port to return to the flashing logo state. If I could maintain power to the port, I could enter the reboot state and possibly save this otherwise dead device. Any ideas? I’ve read many many Apple posts (eg https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201263) and nothing seems to address this particular issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.