Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hendo999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2015
Hi
I have the new iPad Pro and I want to play 4K hdr movie from my iPad to my TV. I have Apples USB-C to Multi adapter. The iPad are saying, that the adapter does not support HDR. So my question is which adapter can I buy, so I can play HDR movies from my iPad to TV.

Robertjan88

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2018
Hi
I have the new iPad Pro and I want to play 4K hdr movie from my iPad to my TV. I have Apples USB-C to Multi adapter. The iPad are saying, that the adapter does not support HDR. So my question is which adapter can I buy, so I can play HDR movies from my iPad to TV.

I think you need a normal USB-C to HDMI 2.0a cable. It might be an issue with the extensive capabilities of your adapter.
Many have reported that the 4k HDR output is working as long as the you the cable mentioned above.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
I’m having a nightmare with Apples adapter too. It’ll do 4K fine - in apps that seem to support it, which annoyingly isn’t the ones I want to. But I digress.

Have you checked if your AV adapter has the latest firmware on it? I checked mine and it’s only got 1. something or other I can’t remember. Which is way out of date.

Annoyingly because I don’t have a mac with USB-C, I can’t update it, at least not until I get a USB-C to USB-A adapter and give that a go.

Might not be the solution, but it can’t hurt to try.

Hendo999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2015
I’m having a nightmare with Apples adapter too. It’ll do 4K fine - in apps that seem to support it, which annoyingly isn’t the ones I want to. But I digress.

Have you checked if your AV adapter has the latest firmware on it? I checked mine and it’s only got 1. something or other I can’t remember. Which is way out of date.

Annoyingly because I don’t have a mac with USB-C, I can’t update it, at least not until I get a USB-C to USB-A adapter and give that a go.

Might not be the solution, but it can’t hurt to try.
I didn’t know that the adapter can be updated. I wil definitely try to update it and see if it solve the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.