Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mohd Haque

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2020
hello everyone , My IPAD PRO 2020 have a screen or display stuttering iisues after the 14.3 update . Scrolling is not smooth their is a frame drop while browsing or scrolling anything from youtube to home screen scrolling. Setting menu too has issues. Gaming like pubg is not smooth as well , their is a heavy lag . 90fps pubg is not looking smooth at all. It looks more of a 45-50 fps. their is a stuttering while gaming also.

Is anyone also facing the same issue or know the way to resolve it.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
hello everyone , My IPAD PRO 2020 have a screen or display stuttering iisues after the 14.3 update . Scrolling is not smooth their is a frame drop while browsing or scrolling anything from youtube to home screen scrolling. Setting menu too has issues. Gaming like pubg is not smooth as well , their is a heavy lag . 90fps pubg is not looking smooth at all. It looks more of a 45-50 fps. their is a stuttering while gaming also.

PUBG might need to optimize their app for the newer version of iPadOS.

Reactions: Mohd Haque

DanielFury

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2021
the animation,scrolling and overall using the device. from time to time i see a drop in the smoothness. it feels like it's not 120hz at all

Mohd Haque

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2020
yes the smoothness is not their. btw if u play pubg can u check at 90fps on that , coz my ipad have very high level of lag and stuck movement, fire button not working and stuttering . lag is at 60fps also. but 90 fps is far fromsmoothness than 60fps

DanielFury

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2021
yes the smoothness is not their. btw if u play pubg can u check at 90fps on that , coz my ipad have very high level of lag and stuck movement, fire button not working and stuttering . lag is at 60fps also. but 90 fps is far fromsmoothness than 60fps
i tried COD mobile and it's the same at 90hz and 120hz, it drops in framerate.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015

Updates reset the chip controller that runs the 120hz Promotion behaviors it has to relearn your prefferences movies, scrolling web pages etc so it can optimize frame rates and battery life.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
lol, i thought i was going insane. i just updated to 14.4 and i can really see the choppiness, i thought i may have a defective unit. i can really see the lag with my eyes.
There are several threads on the forum about this. It appears to be a bug in 14.4. With my 10.5" Pro on the 14.5 beta, it's back to being nice and smooth.

DanielFury

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2021
There are several threads on the forum about this. It appears to be a bug in 14.4. With my 10.5" Pro on the 14.5 beta, it's back to being nice and smooth.
so they will solve it on 14.5 ? how do you activate beta?

Mohd Haque

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2020
i dont think 14.5 beta for ipad pro released yet , day before yesterday i checked it on my ipad their is no beta update showing

DanielFury

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2021
this is just dumb...i bought an ipad mainly because i thought i will have good,stable and secure updates, unlike android. But to be honest, in my whole life i never had an android update where it messed up with my performance or display refresh rate. i'm so dissapointed in apple.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
i'm so dissapointed in apple.
It's just one software update. You don't have to immediately give up. Just wait for the next software update that Apple will release. It'll likely fix the issues that you're having. You cannot expect everything to be perfect 100% of the time. Maybe you set your expectations too high? They're quite fragile...

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
i dont think 14.5 beta for ipad pro released yet , day before yesterday i checked it on my ipad their is no beta update showing
The 14.5 betas are available for all iPads compatible with iPadOS 14. You would need to be enrolled in the beta program to see those updates.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Sounds like it will be fixed in 14.5. Hopefully the final release will be soon but its fixed in 14.5 beta 2 according to a lot of people!

I agree its ridiculous the kind of silly bugs that have been sneaking through the last couple years. This time last year there was a massive memory leak bug on iPads that lead to safari tabs constantly reloading. It was maddening. Thankfully they released an emergency fix a week later.

HardcoreAppleFan

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2020
Leave it
The 14.5 betas are available for all iPads compatible with iPadOS 14. You would need to be enrolled in the beta program to see those updates.
I already enrolled but no update is showing on my ipad.May be region wise update comes
Can u give me the link from where u have enrolled

Last edited:

Mohd Haque

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2020
Updated to 14.5 beta , and after using for few minutes it looks much better than before . I will give full usability review after sometime. Definiitely their is an improvement but to what extent it can be known after using for few hours or day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.