Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bacasable

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2021
France
Hello

I have an iPad Pro 2020 from day one and today after peel of my protective’s glasse, I notice some issue with my screen

IMG_3903.jpeg

Look the edge.

Do you get same issue after 2 years and half ?
What can I do ? I’m out of warranty for Genius Bar.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Sorry, no idea what “issue” you’re referring to. Annotating the photo might help.

But generally speaking, since you’re out of warranty… “live with it” if it’s minor enough, or pay OOW repair fee if it’s major enough.

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
Sorry, no idea what “issue” you’re referring to. Annotating the photo might help.

But generally speaking, since you’re out of warranty… “live with it” if it’s minor enough, or pay OOW repair fee if it’s major enough.
I think they're talking about these edges that look like they have a bit of burn-in.
Screenshot 2023-09-26 7.27.54 AM.png

Bacasable

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2021
France
Hello, and sorry for my bad English.

So I have kind of burn in with an LCD, looks impossible ?

I have never noticed it with my glasse on it, turn on or turn off.
So it doesn’t busy at all but I never heard this problème and don’t know why I get it.

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
I don't think this is burn in, maybe it's the impact of the screen protector on the antiflecting coating... my question was, is it (more) visible when the screen is off or on? (= est-ce que ces bandes jaunâtres se voient aussi quand l'écran est allumé ou elle sont visibles surtout avec l'écran éteint?)

Bacasable

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2021
France
I don’t see them with the new screen protector, on or off.
I had just noticed them when I change of screen protector.

PegasusTenma

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2014
If that’s a burn in, is way too even!

i recently sold my iPad Pro 1st gen and it had some burn ins, but it was quite patchy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.