Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kritty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2020
Hi I recently purchased my first iPad which is a 2020 pro 12.9in and I’ve had issues with the battery not charging after it runs out. I’ve literally had it for two weeks and this is the second time it’s happened. The first time I took it in to a Mac store but as soon as they plugged it in it started charging. They ran diagnostics and the battery was fine, so was the charging cable and the wall plug. It will charge if there is still some charge left, but when the battery runs flat it won’t. I will have to take it in again but I just wanted to know if anyone else has heard of this?

Kritty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2020
Yeah I agree absolutely however it should not be doing it in the first week of owning it. I do try not to let it go flat

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Hi I recently purchased my first iPad which is a 2020 pro 12.9in and I’ve had issues with the battery not charging after it runs out. I’ve literally had it for two weeks and this is the second time it’s happened. The first time I took it in to a Mac store but as soon as they plugged it in it started charging. They ran diagnostics and the battery was fine, so was the charging cable and the wall plug. It will charge if there is still some charge left, but when the battery runs flat it won’t. I will have to take it in again but I just wanted to know if anyone else has heard of this?
Ive seen a few other threads regarding very similar issues. I cant seem to find them right now.

Reactions: Kritty

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Yeah I agree absolutely however it should not be doing it in the first week of owning it. I do try not to let it go flat

Are you seeing it draining to flat on its own (idle)? If the store is using your charger and cord, it's odd that it would charge there but not at home for you. They did nothing to it?

Kritty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2020
I’ve tried different places to charge it. Home, work, parents house - nothing. I was sold a car charger for it which worked when there was battery but again, won’t charge now. I didn’t see it go flat, I didn’t use it for a whole day but it would have been on about 40% battery. The first time it happened they said I could send it off just to double check but that was going to take weeks. I’m not happy about spending so much on this thing to have problems in the first week

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.