Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amstene

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2022
My iPad Pro (3rd gen) suddenly stopped charging. After much troubleshooting I discovered it will only charge with a “slow” charger (12W and below). I called support and we tried wiping it. It did charge with the 18W, but slowly. As soon as I loaded my profile (and before the Apps downloaded), it rejected the 18W again. Support says its a software issue, which tells me buying a new one won’t help, and starting from scratch is an absolute last resort as it’s used for work. My apps are all direct Apple store downloads. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
That surely does sound like a frustrating situation! Just to eliminate possibilities, can you try a different fast charger to make sure it’s not an issue of the current one? While at that, also try a different cable, just to make sure? Fingers crossed!

Amstene

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2022
That surely does sound like a frustrating situation! Just to eliminate possibilities, can you try a different fast charger to make sure it’s not an issue of the current one? While at that, also try a different cable, just to make sure? Fingers crossed!
I should have mentioned that. I tried a second fast charger and cable, and even tried the fast charger on another iPad Pro the charger is good. Then I got out faster chargers and they don’t work either. A 12W and a 5W both work, but 18 and above do not. Thanks for the quick reply.

Amstene

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2022
Good thought, but no. It works reliably with both the 5W and the 12W chargers.

at-oliverapps

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2022
Oslo
close to same issue i have my ipad pro killed itself no more charging with type-c to type-c only slow type-a to type-c

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.