Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robbiocal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
my iPad Pro is showing weirdness. When I first wake it, it flashes the battery. While I’m reading a newspaper or pages on Safari, a “accessory not supported” dialogue box pops up. I press ok and go on. It’s an irritating interruption. Only happened after OS. 11updates.i reboot my devices regularly. Anyone else having this problem?

gobikerider

Suspended
Apr 15, 2016
United States
my iPad Pro is showing weirdness. When I first wake it, it flashes the battery. While I’m reading a newspaper or pages on Safari, a “accessory not supported” dialogue box pops up. I press ok and go on. It’s an irritating interruption. Only happened after OS. 11updates.i reboot my devices regularly. Anyone else having this problem?
Mine was doing weird things and entirely locking up in Safari before iOS 11.2. I do recall the battery level flashing but I wonder if it was simply showing me the level since I hadn’t opened it since unplugging it earlier. Since I restored fresh to iOS 11.2 though the only issues I continue to encounter are some stuttering and YouTube locking up in Safari if I try to scrub a video to much.

Robbiocal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
Mine was doing weird things and entirely locking up in Safari before iOS 11.2. I do recall the battery level flashing but I wonder if it was simply showing me the level since I hadn’t opened it since unplugging it earlier. Since I restored fresh to iOS 11.2 though the only issues I continue to encounter are some stuttering and YouTube locking up in Safari if I try to scrub a video to much.
[doublepost=1520882935][/doublepost]It also locks a bit after I type in my unlock code. The lock screen goes halfway up, the wallpaper pic ad the first app screen appears ad it freezes. I turned it off and restarted twice. How do I do a “restored fresh to iOS 11.2” as you posted?

gobikerider

Suspended
Apr 15, 2016
United States
[doublepost=1520882935][/doublepost]It also locks a bit after I type in my unlock code. The lock screen goes halfway up, the wallpaper pic ad the first app screen appears ad it freezes. I turned it off and restarted twice. How do I do a “restored fresh to iOS 11.2” as you posted?
You need a PC with iTunes connect it and in the dashboard click the restore button

Robbiocal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
You need a PC with iTunes connect it and in the dashboard click the restore button
Thanks. My iPad Pro 12.5 is running. iOS 11.2.6
I’ll fire up my MacBook Pro (2008!) and try this restore, but Doesn’t it take down apps and loose caches?

Reactions: gobikerider

gobikerider

Suspended
Apr 15, 2016
United States
Thanks. My iPad Pro 12.5 is running. iOS 11.2.6
I’ll fire up my MacBook Pro (2008!) and try this restore, but Doesn’t it take down apps and loose caches?
Yes unless you backup your essentially wiping the iPad and starting anew. The restore fully downloads a fresh copy of iOS to install onto your iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.