Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philpalmiero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2010
NOVA
I live in the Washington DC region. I just looked at iPad Pro 12.9” stock in nearby Apple Stores. Seems there are just 3 12.9” iPad pros in the entire region including Maryland, DC, and Northern Virginia. Is this a normal situation? A Covid induced situation? Or is a new iPad Pro going to be introduced very soon?

MrKennedy

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
IDK if the stock checker on the site is accurate. In the past I've been able to purchase items in-person that the site said was out of stock at my local store. Probably have a separate amount set aside for walk ins.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I live in the Washington DC region. I just looked at iPad Pro 12.9” stock in nearby Apple Stores. Seems there are just 3 12.9” iPad pros in the entire region including Maryland, DC, and Northern Virginia. Is this a normal situation? A Covid induced situation? Or is a new iPad Pro going to be introduced very soon?
I often find that it isn't really that accurate.

Osamede

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2009
New model of course on the way every year and it’s that time soon. I can see they’ve been dumping the remaining stock of 2018 pros where I live, so of course they need to slow down on the 2020 as well if it’s that time of year.

Reactions: xiaosongz

muzzy996

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2018
Are they really in short supply or is OP reading into things based upon stock status at local Apple stores? I don’t think that I would have any problem finding a current model locally. I might not be able to find every configuration locally but I probably would be able to order one.

Chaparral02

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2021
The 11" ipad pro 256GB i was thinking of buying went out of stock a few days ago
The 128GB WiFi grey one is also out of stock here,
But they do have other versions and the silver ones are in stock
(this is in the UK)

Maybe due to the UK lock down as many more people have been buying ipads due to this

Attachments

• ipad pro.png
    ipad pro.png
    849.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
Yeah obviously stock dwindling down due to a new release coming in next 4-5 weeks, who knows... we all looking forward to March event, but with these digital events being easier for Apple to organise/create it could be anytime between now and April... we may see an event at the end of Feb with another event in March and have more smaller staggered events in 2021 like the second half of 2020

MrKennedy

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
Yeah obviously stock dwindling down due to a new release coming in next 4-5 weeks, who knows... we all looking forward to March event, but with these digital events being easier for Apple to organise/create it could be anytime between now and April... we may see an event at the end of Feb with another event in March and have more smaller staggered events in 2021 like the second half of 2020

Lol it could be anytime between now and whenever they decide to release the next version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.