Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sundragon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Washington, DC
Hey everyone, I'd like to crowdsource a question about keyboards.

I have an Air 2 and I'd like a minimal keyboard. The ideal would be an iPad Pro cover/keyboard for the iPad Air 2.

I like way the keyboard works as a cover on the iPad Pro - similar to the Smart Cover that you can purchase (I own) for the iPad Air 2/Air/etc. Most of the keyboards for the ipad force you to use a folio/case/etc to attach it to the iPad and I don't want all the bulk.

What do you recommend as a keyboard (I've looked at the Logitech Ultrathin (the latch mechanism is awful) but the keyboard is good. The Anker Ultrathin looks like a good alternative but I haven't tried it. Does anyone have experience with the Anker (Are they keys cramped)? Can provide another keyboard that would be nice for use a few times a week.

Last edited:

Zimmy68

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
I am completely lost.
What is the correlation with the iPad Pro? You want a full sized keyboard?
Any keyboard for the iPad Pro will connect via the smart connector.
Are you thinking about making an iPad Pro sized keyboard but bluetooth?

Good luck selling those.

Unless I misread the post.

sundragon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Washington, DC
I am completely lost.
What is the correlation with the iPad Pro? You want a full sized keyboard?
Any keyboard for the iPad Pro will connect via the smart connector.
Are you thinking about making an iPad Pro sized keyboard but bluetooth?

Good luck selling those.

Unless I misread the post.

Sorry for the confusion. I don't want a keyboard case the encases the whole iPad (95% of the keyboards are sold as part of a case for the iPad - I don't want all the bulk - Just an attached keyboard. I like way the keyboard works as a cover on the iPad Pro - similar to the Smart Cover that you can purchase (I own) for the iPad Air 2/Air/etc. Most of the keyboards for the iPad force you to use a folio/case/etc to attach it to the iPad

Make sense now?

I'll edit the original post for clarity.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Sorry for the confusion. I like way the keyboard works as a cover on the iPad Pro - similar to the Smart Cover that you can purchase (I own) for the iPad Air 2/Air/etc. Most of the keyboards for the ipad force you to use a folio/case/etc to attach it to the iPad and I don't want all the bulk.

Make sense now?

I'll edit the original post for clarity.

Got it, thanks.
Make sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.