Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sk7walker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2021
Hello everybody, my ipad pro m1 11 inch is doing a faint pop whenever i touch/push the area around the smart connector near the charging port, the sound is almost certainly coming from the smart connector, does anyone else experience the same issue? (Video below)

This is really annoying since the sound might also be picked up when recording via the built in microphones, besides the lowered confidence in using a device with such an issue, makes the whole experience less refined since a wide area might trigger the sound when touched.

do you think apple must replace this ipad? It is under warranty bought two months ago, babied all the time,thanks in advance.

P.s: edited text and added a video to reflect and demonstrate how light my touch is, holding the ipad as i would during normal use, and how annoying the noise is.

Last edited:

Sk7walker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2021
Why on earth would anyone flex their expensive tablet.
I added a video and corrected my description of my handling, as u can see, by holding the ipad normally the fingers on the back to the right near the connector mainly, the sound can be triggered.

ipaqowner

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2006
If you’re concerned about it take it into an Apple store.
if they think it's faulty they will probably replace it.

Tommaso Ammannati

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2020
Hello everybody, my ipad pro m1 11 inch is doing a faint pop whenever i touch/push the area around the smart connector near the charging port, the sound is almost certainly coming from the smart connector, does anyone else experience the same issue? (Video below)

This is really annoying since the sound might also be picked up when recording via the built in microphones, besides the lowered confidence in using a device with such an issue, makes the whole experience less refined since a wide area might trigger the sound when touched.

do you think apple must replace this ipad? It is under warranty bought two months ago, babied all the time,thanks in advance.

P.s: edited text and added a video to reflect and demonstrate how light my touch is, holding the ipad as i would during normal use, and how annoying the noise is.

View attachment 1844464
Hi,
I have a very similar issue.
Any news about it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.