Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yu_bm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2021
Hey everyone!
I have noticed that my ipad pro M1 12.9 inch getting warm on the left side of the glass (opposite to the apple pencil dock) while doing regular working such as youtube, notability, safari etc. No editing videos or transferring files or gaming. It is not over heating but it does getting warm.
Did you find the same situation with your ipad?
I don't know if this issue should be like that or not (this is my first ipad). I'm really desperate to know if this is okay or not ?
EC8BE0BD-266A-4D7D-B560-E35E9CEEF0E1.jpeg

Reactions: Duckyduckbumps

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Hey everyone!
I have noticed that my ipad pro M1 12.9 inch getting warm on the left side of the glass (opposite to the apple pencil dock) while doing regular working such as youtube, notability, safari etc. No editing videos or transferring files or gaming. It is not over heating but it does getting warm.
I don't know if this issue should be like that or not (this is my first ipad). I'm really desperate to know if this is okay or not ? View attachment 1796145
Use content blocker for Safari. This MacRumor site has horrible battery draw without a content blocker. All the ads on this site is causing some major drainage.

Reactions: russell_314

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
I meant using this forum is making people’s iPads/iphone hot, there is a thread about it somewhere.

Yu_bm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2021
Use content blocker for Safari. This MacRumor site has horrible battery draw without a content blocker. All the ads on this site is causing some major drainage.
ok but instead of surfing this website i meant that i experience warm also in regular use (safari, youtube, notes etc.0

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
Computers get warm. I’d say it is working fine unless it gives you errors.

No one knows the sites you visit or the apps you use or etc. they can be more or less demanding and generate more or less heat as a result. That side likely has the CPU under it.

Yu_bm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2021
Computers get warm. I’d say it is working fine unless it gives you errors.

No one knows the sites you visit or the apps you use or etc. they can be more or less demanding and generate more or less heat as a result. That side likely has the CPU under it.
The cpu on this ipad is in the middle, so this is why i am wondering if warming on the left side is ok as well.

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
The cpu on this ipad is in the middle, so this is why i am wondering if warming on the left side is ok as well.
I wouldn’t worry about a computer getting warm. That’s what they do... It could be heat from the display components or anything. Not worth investigating unless it is impacting the device negatively.

Jára Tyky

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2020
Your iPad looks like ****. what the hell are you doing with it? Maybe that' s the reason!

yunuzzz

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2016
That area gets hot when the screen brightness at least %70-80. I've 2020 iPad Pro and when screen brightness that high that area getting hot. And it's very noticeable. It also happens my wife's last gen iPad Air but not hot as iPad Pros. That area of iPad Pro has LCD/Mini Led controller chip. In short high brightness causing this issue. I think this issue not acceptable high priced iPad pro's but this is Apple.

Reactions: Rok73

Yu_bm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2021
That area gets hot when the screen brightness at least %70-80. I've 2020 iPad Pro and when screen brightness that high that area getting hot. And it's very noticeable. It also happens my wife's last gen iPad Air but not hot as iPad Pros. That area of iPad Pro has LCD/Mini Led controller chip. In short high brightness causing this issue. I think this issue not acceptable high priced iPad pro's but this is Apple.
My brightness always set to 30%-40%

off3nc3

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2014
Romania
Hey everyone!
I don't know if this issue should be like that or not (this is my first ipad). I'm really desperate to know if this is okay or not ? View attachment 1796145

Maybe a little late to the party but my new ipad 12.9 ( latest gen )has the same issue from that side you marked in the photo , and this is just by browsing . Very weird , my older ipad pro never had these issues..

RazvanClaudiu1

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2021
Hey everyone!
It started heating today while using Notability. I don't have any problem outside of this app. A restart and using Apple Notes solved the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.