Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crentistVibes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2023
I've noticed my Ipad Pro M1 WIFI model is not updating it's location in find my when the device is turned off. I've confirmed this over the last 24 hours and the location stays the same along with the hours it last updated. Any help would be appreciated.

-Current OS 16.5
-bluetooth is on
-Find my iphone is on
-Find my network is on
-Send last location is on
-All location and system services are on

bradbomb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Iif you mean while powered off, not just screen off, I believe only newer iPhones have the feature to update their location while powered off.

crentistVibes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2023
Iif you mean while powered off, not just screen off, I believe only newer iPhones have the feature to update their location while powered off.
My 12 pro max which is older updates it's location while off. And yes it is when the device is powered off.

bradbomb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
My 12 pro max which is older works.
Correct, if you notice, I said the feature only exists on iPhones. Not iPads, Macs, or AirPods. Go look at the Find My Network settings on both your iPhone and iPad. You will see different terminology on both IMG_9295.jpeg IMG_0019.jpeg

crentistVibes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2023
Correct, if you notice, I said the feature only exists on iPhones. Not iPads, Macs, or AirPods.
Ahh yes I misread your comment. It wouldn't make any sense to have Find my network as an option though on the Ipad if it did not support it.

bradbomb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Well the find my network is also the feature that helps others with AirTags as your device will report locations of pinged AirTags and other non cellular devices

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.