Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PandaNix

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2018
I can add lots of devices to my list of pairs devices but I can't seem to get them to work at the same time. I use it for work so I want my headphones (non-apple), keyboard and mouse (both official devices) to work at the same time.

IT told me that that's correct - the iPad Pro can't use more than one bluetooth device at the same time.

But that seems crazy to me if you're meant to use it for work. I have to have the meeting on loudspeaker to use the keyboard or type on the screen if I want to use the headset. And that's without taking the mouse into account.

Is that it or is there a workaround?

I have an iPad Pro 4h gen 12.9 inch if that matters.

PandaNix

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2018
That's what I thought when he said it. But then why does my headset not connect 9/10? It works with my laptop and my iPhone (which I removed because it always connected to it without trying to the iPad) but never now with the iPad.

I've tried "forget the device" and re-pair it.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
That's what I thought when he said it. But then why does my headset not connect 9/10? It works with my laptop and my iPhone (which I removed because it always connected to it without trying to the iPad) but never now with the iPad.

I've tried "forget the device" and re-pair it.

Could be the iPad has compatibility issues with the bluetooth headset?

I have the Apple AirPods 2, Beats X, Sony WI-C100 and Sony WI-XB400 paired with my M1 iPad Pro and those work fine with the iPad even when I'm using both bluetooth keyboard and trackball.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.