Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
I am looking at the ipad pro again. I am primarily a windows user and want to know if anyone
is familiar saving from apps to OneDrive. Do ios office apps like OneNote save directly to OneDrive?
What is the work flow for saving art app images to OneDrive. Do I have to save to camera roll and
then to OneDrive? Or is there a more direct workflow. Thanks!

MarkB786

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
USA
I am looking at the ipad pro again. I am primarily a windows user and want to know if anyone
is familiar saving from apps to OneDrive. Do ios office apps like OneNote save directly to OneDrive?
What is the work flow for saving art app images to OneDrive. Do I have to save to camera roll and
then to OneDrive? Or is there a more direct workflow. Thanks!

All of the MS apps give you the option of uploading/downloading with OneDrive. OneNote syncs folders with Onedrive automatically once you sign in (although you need to open each otebook indvidually the fist time you use it; but once you've done that, they sync each time you open OneNote). However, it seems that most other non-MS apps prefer to sync with Dropbox. You can access your OneDrive files using the OneDrive app, or by using another app like Readdle Documents.

As for art, it will depend on which app you use. The app must be built to sync to a cloud drive; most will prefer Drobbox in my experience.

emembee

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2013
Surrey,UK
I personally have found onedrive quite slow, it downloads the document each time and then seems to upload it again. However, you can add Dropbox as a place and can then open and save office docs from there (needs office365 sub), but OneNote is only saved on OneDrive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.