Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Spotlight Search layout do you prefer for the iPad Pro?

• Total voters

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
I was watching some videos about the iPad Pro today, and noticed that the Spotlight Search layout was slightly changed from iOS 9.1 (version the iPad Pro shipped with) to iOS 9.2 onwards.

Yes, I know this is quite insignificant but I'm still curious to see which layout you guys prefer :)
(I prefer the old layout simply because it makes the iPad Pro look bigger)

image.jpeg
image.png
image.jpeg
image.png

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I haven't got my iPad with me at the moment, but as far as I am aware, both options are still present. When on the home screen, swipe right for the first option that you have posted OR swipe down for the second option. Nothing has changed.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
I haven't got my iPad with me at the moment, but as far as I am aware, both options are still present. When on the home screen, swipe right for the first option that you have posted OR swipe down for the second option. Nothing has changed.
Swiping to the right shows you the Siri Suggestions screen.

All of these screenshots were taken after swiping down (they are screenshots from various iPad Pro reviews from last year and you can clearly tell).

And either way, I posted 4 photos and they are variations of each other, you can clearly see that the spacing from the edges of the screen has decreased from photo 1 to 2, and 3 to 4.

1 and 2 is with text typed, and 3 and 4 are when no text is typed. See for yourself!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.