Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lizkohlerbrown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2017
USA
Does anyone know of a program that works on iPad that will log you in to a website on a timer. Like if I want to log in and out of a website every five minutes without having to sit at the iPad. I used Keyboard Maestro on my laptop, but it doesn't seem to work with my iPad. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Liz

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
That is very specific and not something most people need. May I ask why you need to log in and out of a web site every 5 minutes? Just trying to understand the need better. There may be other solutions that you are not thinking of.

To answer your question specifically:
No, but you could download XCode and google a couple of simple tutorials on WKWebView:
https://developer.apple.com/reference/webkit/wkwebview

and you should easily be able to write and deploy your own test app to your iPad that does exactly that... log into and out of a website every 5 minutes.

PrettyWings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2016
I don't know if Workflow can do that, but you might want to check out Workflow, which is an automation app.

Lizkohlerbrown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2017
USA
That is very specific and not something most people need. May I ask why you need to log in and out of a web site every 5 minutes? Just trying to understand the need better. There may be other solutions that you are not thinking of.

To answer your question specifically:
No, but you could download XCode and google a couple of simple tutorials on WKWebView:
https://developer.apple.com/reference/webkit/wkwebview

and you should easily be able to write and deploy your own test app to your iPad that does exactly that... log into and out of a website every 5 minutes.

Thanks I will look into that site. The reason I need this function is that a site I use generates search results based on when you last logged in, so logging in improves the search ability of the products I sell. Thanks for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.