Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
Anyone else had a similar incident with sending in an IPad through Apple’s carrier UPS? My pristine two month old iPad stopped charging past 2%. This happened after the iOS update to 11. So I tried all the trouble shooting before calling over the phone. The representative did an over the phone diagnostic and said it’s the battery. I couldn’t physically go in to a store so I asked her if other options. The closest UPS store was not that far and she set it up where she told me the box, label and everything would be ready. I drop it off, the guys gives me a receipt and I leave the store.

Days later I get an email with pictures stating how my iPad is bent and they wanted me to pay for it!! They still didn’t even check the problem I sent it in for. This was my first time ever sending in a product and I’m truly shocked. I was on hold for ever and now I’m waiting for two day while they investigate what happened and wait until a Friday for a response. So they want to tell me if I don’t agree to pay for the bent chassis they won’t fix it. So now I will have an iPad that doesn’t charge and now bent. The way it was bent requires force that I can’t even imagine how to duplicate, almost as though it was purposeful. For a second I wondered if I pissed of the UPS guy . How should I go forward?

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
My common sense tells me that if UPS damages your goods, you need to speak to them to make them accountable. It’s not Apple’s problem if they are given a broken device and it surely shouldn’t be your problem either.

Eric5273

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
New Jersey
Why would you allow a UPS employee to box up your iPad without overseeing it? If it were me I would box it up myself.

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
I called Apple and ended up getting resolved. Thanks everyone.
[doublepost=1512683138][/doublepost]
Why would you allow a UPS employee to box up your iPad without overseeing it? If it were me I would box it up myself.
I was assured by Apple that it would be fine and handled by UPS. Moving forward I will do it myself. First experience but definitely my last.

Reactions: canuckRus

Legendts

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2012
Victoria Australia
I always keep the boxes my iPad/s, iPhone and even my iMac come in. Any issues the gear would go back into its original packaging before being sent/given to anyone. So far never had to use them but you never know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.