Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nkarafo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2015
Hello!
I have an ipad pro 2016 and I would like to know how is the performance with iPadOS 13.1
Games have any lag?
What is the size of the OS installed? I have 32gb only and I fear that it will be 10-15gb just the OS..
Thank you!

Agile55

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
TX
I have the same ipad w/ 32gb, can't speak to use w/ games or size of the OS but mine has had ZERO issues since downloading it last nite, glad I did it.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Going to bite the bullet myself today on mine. I do have the luxury of more storage though. I just hope LumaFusion doesn’t break!

Reactions: Agile55

Nathe

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2011
Staffordshire, UK
Screenshot from battery settings.

Attachments

• EFWXH-PXsAEjcoH.jpg
    EFWXH-PXsAEjcoH.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 431

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
13.1 works well on our much slower iPad Air 2.

No Siri battery drain bug that I've noticed on my 10.5" Pro, but then again I never use Siri.

nkarafo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2015
Thank you for your replies. I have installed it AFTER I deleted everything (data, etc), like a new ipad. Overall it has very good performance but some games have a little bit of lag. For example previously in "Game of Life" with ios 11 in the start where it shows the map rotating the camera was smooth, now it has some slow downs. However it is not so important. Other games are like before, eg Horizon Chase, Smash Hit, Kingdom Rush series, etc. Of course I didn't regret it. The OS is now way better and we have apple arcade, something that we couldn't have before, along with PS4 / XONE controller! :) Programs have the same performance too. I wish they will add some day a button that will close ALL open apps like android has for years!

Reactions: apolloa

levander

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
I’m surprised you guys are saying it works so well. In other threads people are making a big deal about iPadOS needing more RAM, and the my understanding is the iPad Pro 9.7 only has 2 GB RAM.

Agile55

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
TX
I’m surprised you guys are saying it works so well. In other threads people are making a big deal about iPadOS needing more RAM, and the my understanding is the iPad Pro 9.7 only has 2 GB RAM.

GTG 5 days later & zero issues w/ my 9.7 iPP but I'm also not a gamer & don't use it for movies etc, just short YT vids. etc.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
For basic usage 2 GB RAM devices with those SoCs still work well overall but the 2 GB is a limitation for multitasking and Safari tabs, as refreshes can be relatively common. Better with 3 and 4 GB iDevices.

To put it another way, I would not hesitate putting iPadOS on a 2 GB iPad I already owned, but I would not buy a 2 GB iPad in 2019 unless it was dirt cheap.

Nathe

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2011
Staffordshire, UK
I'm not finding any performance issues with iPadOS on my 9.7" Pro. Screen off battery drain however is occuring often, even on 13.1.1. I've put 13.1.2 on and we'll see if that helps.

spudWorks

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2018
Hamburg, Germany
I, too, have a 9.7" Pro and it runs iOS 13 like a champ. I don't know if I'm just really enthused about the new features or if it's actually as good as it feels, but it really feels like iPadOS has breathed some new life into the old girl.

hotr32

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2009
PA
I also have iOS 13 on my iPad Pro 9.7, it runs great! My only complaint would be slightly faster battery drain, which I expected, but I don’t know if that’s from the OS or the fact that the battery is 3 years old?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.