Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alpez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
Other system data is growing out of control ... 2gb a day !

Restored 15.0.1 again yesterday and today 2.3 gb without doing anything !

It was like a few 100k when running 14.8 !

Is it maybe some crash logs from some process that crashes, but who knows ... its not a mac with terminal :)

Any ideas ?

/alexis

Bootleg2go

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
Other system data is growing out of control ... 2gb a day !

Restored 15.0.1 again yesterday and today 2.3 gb without doing anything !

It was like a few 100k when running 14.8 !

Is it maybe some crash logs from some process that crashes, but who knows ... its not a mac with terminal :)

Any ideas ?

/alexis
It not just other system data, it’s available data as well. ever since 15.0.1 my other system data has been 0 KB out of 512GB used and my iphone SE2 shows 0 KB of 64 GB being used along with zero system data.
I’m surprised more people aren't seeing this.
I’ve never seen an IOS release that has so many bugs that should have been fixed in an early beta….Not ready for primetime yet.

alpez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
It not just other system data, it’s available data as well. ever since 15.0.1 my other system data has been 0 KB out of 512GB used and my iphone SE2 shows 0 KB of 64 GB being used along with zero system data.
I’m surprised more people aren't seeing this.
I’ve never seen an IOS release that has so many bugs that should have been fixed in an early beta….Not ready for primetime yet.
My friend has a se2 and that shows as you say ... "Other System Data" is 0k,
my iphone is still on 14.8 luckily :)

But on my ipad I will soon get an "out of memory" alert again, "Other System Data" grows by the second :(

If I could I would downgrade, but after you installed ios15 apple don't allow you to downgrade (they still sign 14.8 tho) weird move by apple !

Tritto

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2014
Yep, I'm seeing this issue on my SE2020 too. Storage used seems to vary every time I go into the settings, but never anywhere near a realistic total.
65f689d252d320376fd65f91b3d57a0a.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.