Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Etienooo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2019
Up to this point the Globe key was of very little use on the Magic Keyboard so I changed it to act as an escape key.
Now we have a ton of new OS shortcuts relying on this key and it’s impossible to use them with the globe key defined as escape.

It’s quite frustrating as I had to train my muscle memory to use the Globe Key as an Escape key due to the lack of a physical escape key and I might have to train it again.

To prevent that from happening, I’d like to keep my Globe key as an Escape key and define another key as the Globe key.
Problem is, I need all of the other keys, including Cap Lock as numbers are on Cap on my keyboard.
I don’t need all of them twice, I’d happily change my right Option key for instance, but it seems I have to change both.

Do you guys know if there is any workaround to only change one of the key or to keep access to the Globe key shortcuts with the Globe key defined as Escape?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.