Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chimelime

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Good morning,

Does anyone else find themselves activating apple pay often?

Maybe i still stuck on my iPhone 7 ways but sometimes ill press the power button and the screen doesn't turn on, so ill press it again and next thing you know apple pay is up.

I've tried slowing down the time between button presses but it still doesn't work.

I am doing something wrong? Should I just disable apple pay activation from the power button? Is this even consider a power button anymore? Is that my mistake? Am I a noob?

K, TY

Stewie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2004
Austin
Well it isn’t considered a power button any more. I believe in the apple documentation they call it the side button.

I don’t think I have ever used to to wake my phone up. As other said I either tap the screen or lift it up.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Turning off Apple Pay activation from the side button also speeds up it's response. Double win.

chimelime

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Great answers!

Soooooooooooooooooo

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Great answers!

Soooooooooooooooooo

Some people have, or basically find that using the side button with one press doesn't wake up the screen. The most common solution/workaround for that has been to deactivate the option that activates Apple Pay using the side button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.