Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

russellmania79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Hi everyone,
I currently have the iPhone 8 but I'm planning to upgrade to the iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro. I am torn on which one to get. I read a lot on the Kindle app on the 8 and I would love the larger screen of the 11 but I fear the larger form factor will be a bit too much for my taste. However, despite the higher resolution of the 11 Pro, I fear it will be a bit too small for reading.
Has anyone used the Kindle app on both the 11 and 11 Pro? Which device do you prefer for reading?
Thanks in advance.

FlippyGonnaSnap

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2019
I have a pro max and can say that the reading experience is brilliant, it’s like the perfect size for a book and also the the lowest brightness is perfect for reading at night when in bed.

I actually read half an entire Anthony Horowitz book last night.

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
If I remember correctly, the Kindle app offers the user a choice of font sizes.. so that would help if needed. You might try going into a store and playing with the iPhone 11 and see if the font size is comfortable in some of the apps - the Mail, Notes and Reminders apps are the ones I always test. The font size in the Kindle app can't be much worse than the overall font size of the rest of the iOS system.

Reactions: russellmania79

The Oak

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2013
I am not familiar with the app; however, if the app supports dark mode that could also be a deciding factor. On an OLED screen, black ... is ... black and hence could potentially give a better experience on a Pro model.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Hi everyone,
I currently have the iPhone 8 but I'm planning to upgrade to the iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro. I am torn on which one to get. I read a lot on the Kindle app on the 8 and I would love the larger screen of the 11 but I fear the larger form factor will be a bit too much for my taste. However, despite the higher resolution of the 11 Pro, I fear it will be a bit too small for reading.
Has anyone used the Kindle app on both the 11 and 11 Pro? Which device do you prefer for reading?
Thanks in advance.

11 pro is fine if out and about for short periods, you can adjust font and has dark mode, but i prefer a Kindle myself, WAY cheaper too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.