Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JaxTeller

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2017
I bought the silicone case for my new 11 Pro and read somewhere that the leather 'feels' less bulky. Is it really thinner? If so I would want to swap it out for a leather one as I find the 11 Pro a tad too big and would want to minimize any extra bulk.

Numerati

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2021
Orlando, FL
I bought the silicone case for my new 11 Pro and read somewhere that the leather 'feels' less bulky. Is it really thinner? If so I would want to swap it out for a leather one as I find the 11 Pro a tad too big and would want to minimize any extra bulk.

The leather is thinner than silicone case but the difference in thickness is very minimal. I would not use it as the only criteria for selecting the case. It comes down to whether you like the feel and looks of the leather vs. silicone.

JaxTeller

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2017
The leather is thinner than silicone case but the difference in thickness is very minimal. I would not use it as the only criteria for selecting the case. It comes down to whether you like the feel and looks of the leather vs. silicone.
so when in hand you don't really feel it get less wide for example? I like the feel of both (had a leather on a 1st gen SE). Leather is also more durable I believe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.