Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christyap

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2020
Athens, Greece
Hello. I got an 11 pro max and I was thinking to upgrade to 12 pro max due to design and camera. But it's almost 2021, which means, iphone 13 in September.
Should I upgrade or should i wait until 13 for better experience?
what's the main reason to upgrade from 11 to 12? thank you

cableguy84

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2015
I went XR to 12 pro max.
The reception has improved massively for me, the reason for this is the Qualcomm modem. For me the modem upgrade alone was worth it and of course the bigger screen. This thing is basically like my portable ipad lol

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Hello. I got an 11 pro max and I was thinking to upgrade to 12 pro max due to design and camera. But it's almost 2021, which means, iphone 13 in September.
Should I upgrade or should i wait until 13 for better experience?
what's the main reason to upgrade from 11 to 12? thank you

You cannot go wrong whether you stay on 11 Pro Max, upgrade to 12 Pro Max or wait for 13. You literally cannot go wrong. What exactly are you looking for? I personally stayed with my 11 Pro Max as I feel the 12 Pro Max is simply not enough to be considered an upgrade to it, but if I was on the market for a new phone right now? I would get a 12 Pro Max.

Reactions: DevinNj

daddyd302

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2012
West Allis, WI
If you think something better might come along, you might as well wait forever because in 2022 that new iphone will be better than the iphone in 2021 and so on. You upgrade because you want that current tech/features that your current phone doesn't have.

I did upgrade from the 11 pro max to the 12 pro max after saying I wouldn't for weeks and weeks.... No regrets on the upgrade as I do enjoy the better reception from it over the 11.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
I feel your pain, I was going to skip the 12 originally, until Apple cut the price in half with a trade-in of my 11PM.

I do prefer the design, I’ve always said the iPhone 4 was my favourite design, this is very much the same. The cameras are, well, we all know what to expect there.

Battery life has surprised me, I’ve yet to drain this bugger in a day, even when my 11PM was new, I’d need a little top-up to get me through a day. Last night was my lowest battery yet when I went to bed, and that was 31%

9F9F0B0D-EF65-4288-9663-D2FFB269D7B7.png

There’s always, always, going to be a better device coming in a year or two. You’ve just got to pick your jumping off point, when one most appeals to you, and be happy with it. Or you’ll be waiting forever :D

Christyap

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2020
Athens, Greece
Indeed. Yes. Every year is better and better. I don't know. I'm thinking to upgrade only for the design. It's my favourite and as I said, I had iPhone 4S. My 11 Pro Max was my mother's and she bought XS Max and gave it to me. Of course I'm impressed but I miss my 4S' design.

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
@Christyap I'm in the same boat as you are. I really like the new design, but I have no complaints about my 11 Pro Max. This is the first year in a while where I'd be totally happy if I didn't upgrade. Just waiting to see if there's any good incentives coming around, if not, hey my 11 PM is an outstanding phone and wait and see what next year brings.

Christyap

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2020
Athens, Greece
@Christyap I'm in the same boat as you are. I really like the new design, but I have no complaints about my 11 Pro Max. This is the first year in a while where I'd be totally happy if I didn't upgrade. Just waiting to see if there's any good incentives coming around, if not, hey my 11 PM is an outstanding phone and wait and see what next year brings.
my phone is 4 months old. My 11 pro max. I'm happy with it but the design of 12 is great. But is it a reason to upgrade only for the design?
I read that 13 will have some interesting specs like fresh rate screen etc and I don't know if I'll wait or not.
This moment, 12 is sold out EVERYWHERE in my country.

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
my phone is 4 months old. My 11 pro max. I'm happy with it but the design of 12 is great. But is it a reason to upgrade only for the design?
I read that 13 will have some interesting specs like fresh rate screen etc and I don't know if I'll wait or not.
This moment, 12 is sold out EVERYWHERE in my country.
Only you can answer what's best for you. If you like the design why not go for it granted it may take a little bit to be back in stock, but if you like it why not? I don't worry about what the next version will have, there's always going to be something new on the horizon, it's just a matter of what works best for you at the moment. At least that's how I see it anyway. I'm just not over the top excited about this year's offerings so maybe if I skip a year then next years model will be more of an upgrade over my current 11 PM. Unless I can score a great deal, I'm more than happy with my current iPhone. We'll see what happens...

Christyap

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2020
Athens, Greece
Only you can answer what's best for you. If you like the design why not go for it granted it may take a little bit to be back in stock, but if you like it why not? I don't worry about what the next version will have, there's always going to be something new on the horizon, it's just a matter of what works best for you at the moment. At least that's how I see it anyway. I'm just not over the top excited about this year's offerings so maybe if I skip a year then next years model will be more of an upgrade over my current 11 PM. Unless I can score a great deal, I'm more than happy with my current iPhone. We'll see what happens...
I saw that 12 has big improvements in camera like night mode portraits, night mode selfies and specifically on night shots which I loooove. I'm a photography student and I think 12 is better. 11 pro max is great phone but I don't like selfies and portraits at night.
I'm waiting to be back in stock to buy it on my birthday (until I change my mind hahaha)

Reactions: DevinNj

svish

macrumors G4
Nov 25, 2017
Always a newer and better iPhone will be there every year. If you like the current one, you can buy it. There is no point in waiting.

Reactions: Christyap
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.