Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silver Pegasus

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Edinburgh, UK
My partner is wishing to go from her iPhone 11 Pro to a iPhone 13 (non Pro). Other than the telephoto lens camera, what exactly will she be losing by doing this? Surely it will all be gains outside of the third camera?

Wackery

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2015
My partner is wishing to go from her iPhone 11 Pro to a iPhone 13 (non Pro). Other than the telephoto lens camera, what exactly will she be losing by doing this? Surely it will all be gains outside of the third camera?
It’s lighter, has better battery, and magsafe

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
The smaller form factor is about all she'll be losing aside from that telephoto lens. Everything else will be an improvement.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
If you like serialized parts which only Apple can replace then say hello to iPhone 12 or 13 and laters…
FYI: you can’t install original screen from another iPhone on iPhone 13 - FaceTime will not work, battery could not be replaced - will get popups of not original (even when it‘s from another legal iPhone) and swapping camera disables them from what I know.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/pur1zg

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
If you like serialized parts which only Apple can replace then say hello to iPhone 12 or 13 and laters…
FYI: you can’t install original screen from another iPhone on iPhone 13 - FaceTime will not work, battery could not be replaced - will get popups of not original (even when it‘s from another legal iPhone) and swapping camera disables them from what I know.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/pur1zg

I don’t think most people care. If you can afford to buy an iPhone you can afford to get Apple Care or pay any repairs to Apple when required.
I know I’d rather have my phone fixed by them, with genuine parts and a genuine warranty on those parts.

Reactions: Wackery

Wackery

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2015
I don’t think most people care. If you can afford to buy an iPhone you can afford to get Apple Care or pay any repairs to Apple when required.
I know I’d rather have my phone fixed by them, with genuine parts and a genuine warranty on those parts.
You mean you don’t want weird counterfeit parts in your iphone???
Right to repair!!!

Reactions: RRC and addamas
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.