Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vyshak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2020
I have a new iPhone 11 and I just switched from Android.I noticed some touch issues with the phone

1.The calender month view touch is a hit or miss .I need to tap again to open the month.
This also happens when I need to go back from the month using the back option on the top left corner.Need to tap again to make sure it hits the sweet spot.

2.Noticed this when using Apple Chat support too on safari, the send message button is a hit or miss.

3.I updated to IOS 14.1 as per apple's advice.Does not help.

Basically the the touch is not working as intended when I tap sometimes,it seems I need to focus and apply the right amount of pressure to hit the sweet spot.

Did any one experience this issue?
Kindly advice.

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
Oh hey, just found this :)

The first time I got an iphone, I was annoyed by the touch box area of iOS, but got used to it...

I don't know if this helps, but treat iOS like the only way it can read your taps is if you use BIG FAT FINGERS, haha :D

Like, don't do dainty small taps (like Android seems to react well to). You have to use BIG FAT FINGERS to clumsily hit boxes/keys. iOS does a really good job at figuring out what you mean to tap on.

Let me know! I'm interested to see if my theory helps.... thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.