Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icemantx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
I have been rocking the iPhone 12 Pro for 4 years now and each year I find myself debating on upgrading or not. Needless to say, I have not upgraded (obviously). I am not sure exactly what it is, but maybe it is due to the fact that phones are now like TVs or Laptops and are simply at a mature state where they can easily last several years and still be a worth using.

I am leaning towards upgrading this year to the 16 Pro and my wife is also ready to move on from her iPhone 13 mini. I will say though, that the excitement is long gone from the days where it was an event to get the new iPhone. I think they last time I felt that was the iPhone 12 Pro 4 years back.

Thoughts?

DougN1

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2012
Yes, have a 12 Pro, ordered a 16 ProMax this AM. Will pass the 12 Pro down to my son, who is on a 7 now. I feel like there are enough upgrades between the 12 and 16 to make it worthwhile for me. Looking forward to the new features.

slamtennis

macrumors member
May 5, 2019
I did finally decide to upgrade my 12 Pro 128 gb to the 16 Pro 256 gb.

I also decided there were enough upgrades in the last four years to warrant this change.

Hopefully this 16 lasts me until the 20 or 21!

Reverend Benny

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
13Pro user here and was initially quite set on upgrading. Main reason was that I thought that it would be nice with USB-C and a new battery. But tbh, my 13pro is still doing pretty well in terms of battery so prob wont. Might wait another year, we'll see.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Each new iPhone is very similar to the previous generation, so there isn’t much to get excited about.
But if you wait many many years, then the new model will obviously be a big improvement over the obsolete iPhone you’ll have by then.

mhdena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2009
Each new iPhone is very similar to the previous generation, so there isn’t much to get excited about.
But if you wait many many years, then the new model will obviously be a big improvement over the obsolete iPhone you’ll have by then.
The 12's are hardly obsolete.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.