Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IphoneFinally

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2020
My iPhone 12 on ios 14.7 or 14.8 is actually locked/frozen/stuck on the Chase App. As if I was just opening the app, not on the login screen. I can see text messages and other notifications on my lock screen but it won't close the Chase App. I don't even remember opening the Chase App. I can't switch apps. The scariest thing is I tried to turn off my phone by holding down the power button and low volume button, but instead of giving me the option to turn off, it immediately called 911. If I swipe down on the right side of the screen I can use all those functions, like flashlight and music and volume but I can't open the camera or do anything else. I am going to let the music play until the phone dies but I am worried if it will restart? Has anyone had a similar issue?

Last edited:

Jtludwig

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2012
My iPhone 12 on ios 14.7 or 14.8 is actually locked/frozen/stuck on the Chase App. As if I was just opening the app, not on the login screen. I can see text messages and other notifications on my lock screen but it won't close the Chase App. I don't even remember opening the Chase App. I can't switch apps. The scariest thing is I tried to turn off my phone by holding down the power button and low volume button, but instead of giving me the option to turn off, it immediately called 911. If I swipe down on the right side of the screen I can use all those functions, like flashlight and music and volume but I can't open the camera or do anything else. I am going to let the music play until the phone dies but I am worried if it will restart? Has anyone had a similar issue?

Just do a force/hard restart.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.